Thursday, December 27, 2012

New development!

Ann Martin is showing us she wants to be a big girl. She was getting fussy a couple days ago so her nurse put a sleeper on her and swaddled her and turn the warmth off in her bed. She tolerated well and her temperature remained stable. Well it happened again today. The same nurse put the clothes back on her and turned warmth off. She has been this way all day and tonight. Her nurse told me tonight they were going to leave her like this as long as her temp holds steady. I'm so happy for her! She looks so comfortable and is some normalcy for her too.

I got to hold her today and we read her first book, The Gingerbread Man. I thought it was the most festive of her book collection so far, thanks to her Nana. She watched me and listened contently with no crying so I would say she liked it.

My grandmother and aunt got to come see her again today (my mom came with). They enjoyed their visit and could really tell she has grown. I think they are just as ready for her to come home as me and rob.

We went up tonight for her care time. She continues to tolerate 1.5 L of oxygen and 23-25% oxygen. The whole time we were there tonight she was sating too high and she had the paci in her mouth. This was hard for her a few weeks ago to suck paci and breathe at the same time. Sating too high is when her oxygen saturation is too high and if it persist her oxygen %needs to be turned down. It can damage her eyes if she gets more oxygen than she needs for a longer period of time. Her nurses keep a close watch on her. I really like what the diuretics are doing!!

Time for pictures! Merry Christmas to all! We love you all!




No comments:

Post a Comment