Sunday, December 16, 2012

Still trucking along...

Well, I am sorry I have not been blogging lately.  Being sick and then Friday being in Jackson...long story short- I have not been with my computer much.

She is doing great though!  She gained 40 grams yesterday morning putting her at 2 lbs 3 oz. but she lost 10 grams this morning so she is at 2 lb 2 oz. now.  I am so excited we have hit 2 lbs!!  She definitely looks like she is gaining weight.  She is filling out more in her face and her fingers are more plump :)  We can tell she is growing.  The dietician thought she needed more protein so she changed her fortifier from powder to a liquid.  Doesn't mean much to me but I hope the change will help her continue to make such large weight gains.  Doctor told me this morning that the protein is of course good for many more things.  Like her brain, muscles and much more.  He is very pleased with her progress.

They have been trying to wean her from the 2 L of pressure.  She lasted almost a whole day on 1.5 L.  Last night I called about 2 am during pumping and her nurse told me she thought it was about to go back up because of increased apnea and bradycardia spells.  This morning they had turned her back up to 2 L.  In a couple days they will start to wean her back down again.  She continues to fluctuate between 23-30% oxygen.  This usually depends on how she is laying.  On her back she needs more oxygen and she loves her belly so she tends to need less when she is belly down.

I got to go over on Friday because my AWESOME sister drove to Meridian and got me.  When I arrived Friday her nurse swaddled her and gave her to me.  We sat in that chair and snuggled for THREE hours straight.  Best. medicine. ever.  Literally, made my month, year....everything!  I only gave her back because I needed to pump.  I left the hospital after about 5-6 hours, got a quick and bland bite to eat, and headed back up for her bath.  I love to bathe her.  She got very relaxed during our bath...a little too relaxed.  We will just say she messed up 3 towels.  I would clean her back up, wash her head and she had messed up another towel.  Finally we decided to go on and put a diaper on her and thankful we did! :) Sweet, sweet moments with that girl.

My other AWESOME sister and her boyfriend came to work on the nursery this weekend.  It was a little bigger task than they expected I think.  Not quite finished but will be soon.  Pictures of that to come.

They day I got to hold AM so much was the same day as the CT shooting.  I could not help but stare at her and think of the parents who will never hold their babies again.  My heart completely breaks for them.  I also think of the sisters, brothers, mommies, daddies, and grandparents lost as well.  I try to think of them an pray often.  Lord please be with all those involved.

She was bundled up tight

After holding her

Is she not precious?

"Mom, I'm trying to sleep"

Right after her bath, not quite finished yet but she was.  Worn-out...

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!!! I can tell how much she's grown!!!! She's beautiful, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete