Thursday, December 27, 2012

Quick update

I'm in Jackson right now and have been having great visits with her!  She is up to 2 lb 9 oz!  Can you believe it??  Unfortunately, she is off of her diuretics right now so some of that is fluid.  They did up her feeds to 22 ML/3 hr.  They are soon going to try and bring her pressure down to 1/2 L.  She has been on 23%-25% oxygen and 1 L pressure.  Her length is up to 14.2 inches!  She was 11.5 inches at birth.  I can really tell she is getting bigger and one way is she is a lot harder to flip over.  We are constantly turning her from back to side to belly to side... and used to we could just flip her like a pancake and now it is much harder and a little more awkward.

I went up for her bath last night.  They got an admit of twins so the nurses were way occupied.  Her nurse said "you are on your own tonight" (with a smile on her face).  'We' have done the bath by ourselves for a while but don't usually change her bedding or hook her back up to leads and all.  Well last night I would be by myself (without Rob).  Good learning experience for me.  I bathed, held her while I changed bedding and put all new leads back on her and hooked her up.  I felt a new sense of accomplishment.  I told her we were both learning and would get this by the time we went home!

I have to run but wanted to give latest update!  Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment