Thursday, November 22, 2012

Daddy time!

We hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! I know we sure had a lot to be grateful for and we have counted our blessings all day!  My heart hurts for those around us who are going through rough times. 

Today was a great day for Rob and Ann Martin, and mommy too!  Rob got to do Kangaroo care with her for the first time.  He was like I was the first time I held her, overwhelmed!  It is a lot to handle.  Her size for one and all the alarms going off constantly for heartbeats, oxygen, etc.  Aside from all of that, it is just surreal to hold her all together.  Once they adjusted, I think they got a little nap in.  She was so comfortable and was a rockstar.  She never dropped her sats! 

They did increase her feedings to 11 ML/3 hour and were able to pull her picc line this morning.  They were going to wait to pull it but it was making a sore close to the crease of her elbow and decided to pull it early.  I'm glad they saw the sore because it really needed to be taken out as to not get worse. 

We are at the hospital so this is going to be a short post...I'll get to the pictures

Sweet girl

Getting settled

Daddy time

Happy as a lark!!

They warmed my heart!

First daddy diaper change

Just wanted to show her size here

Our first family picture

2 comments:

  1. So happy to see everything going so well. Praying for y'all. I plan to be in Jackson this coming Monday and would love to see y'all if you aren't too busy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving keeping up with y'all on here! Please keep posting as often as you can. What a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete