Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I just had to post!

Rob called me last night after I posted and reminded me that I didn't tell of her weight gain!  She had gained 10 grams yesterday morning and this morning she had gained 20 grams.  This equals a whole oz. putting her at 1 lb 5 oz.!  So glad she is finally gaining weight!

I talked to her doctor this morning.  (I am in Meridian so I have just had to depend on many phone calls to stay informed)  He said they increased her feedings to 11 ML/3 hours.  This is the optimum feeding for her weight and age, so....as long as she tolerates her feedings they will pull her picc line tomorrow or the next day.  She will no longer need her fluids as long as she tolerates her feedings.  They started adding fortifier to her breast milk too.  This is standard and I'm told it will help her gain weight a little faster.  Her doc told me that as healthy as breast milk is, it still lacks some nutrients and that is what the fortifier does.

She remains off of the bili light.
Continues to have the apnea/brady spells, needing to be patted some to recover and recovering some on her own.  Her nurse this morning said she gave her the paci and sat down.  She started to have a spell and went over to check on her and she was going to town on the paci and forgetting to breath :)  She took the paci from her and she was fine.  Glad she likes that paci!  She won't get the coordination of suck, swallow, and breath all at the same time till maybe ~35 weeks, don't quote me on that.

God is working miracles in this baby's life and I have been praying, along with the entire town of Butler, AL (Rob's hometown), for a little boy named Landon.  He had an ATV accident this past weekend and is at UAB.  The last update I got was he had no brain activity and had a shunt placed.  They are running more test on him tonight at 6.  He is in the third grade.  Please join in and pray for this sweet little boy and his family.  I know the news the parents are getting is hard but if there is one thing I know is that doctors are not always right.  I pray they are wrong this time and another miracle happens!

Sorry I don't have any pictures because I was in Meridian last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment