Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Happy 28 weeks Ann Martin!

I first must apologize for the absence in my blogging!  So sorry!  I have been in Meridian for a couple days and have not had any new pictures.  I should have updated on her progress though...been a crazy few days.  I am still trying to master the pumping every two hours and sleep thing.  So I sleep at crazy hours.

Today is 28 weeks for Ann Martin!  Happy birthday sweet lady!  I got to spend a sweet day with her today.  So thankful for each day I have with her over there.  I'll update on her first.  Yesterday she was up to 1 lb 8 oz.  This morning she had lost 20 oz.  We are now at 650 grams, not sure how much she weighs now 7 or 8 oz.  30 grams=1 oz.  and I lose track of when we go into another oz.  Follow me?  Anyway, doctor said this morning that we would increase the fortifier tomorrow if she loses weight again.

She is still on the 1 L pressure to help her lungs and she is also requiring 25-28% of oxygen. I will explain this best I can.  In big people we usually measure oxygen in L.  So that was throwing me off.  In her case, the liters is just the pressure to help her.  You and I breathe 21% room air.  She is on 25-28% room air/oxygen.  So they are giving her a little oxygen but not much.  They have tried to wean her off each day but she is not tolerating right now.  She also continues to breathe better on her belly.  Doctor says that's her age.

Doctor told me this morning the next few weeks we would be concerned about the following: NEC- some gastrointestinal infection and another head ultrasound on day 30.  He told me symptoms of both of them and she is not showing these symptoms.  We hope that is a really good sign that we will be in the clear.  Prayers!!

I got to hold her again today.  It had been a few days.  It was WONDERFUL!  She was really fussy at first and had been fussy last time I held her.  I was kinda starting to feel like a really bad momma to tell you the truth.  Her nurse came in and gave her the paci and it was snooze time for the next hour!  It is the sweetest feeling to feel her sucking the paci against my chest--something I don't think I would have thought twice about had she been a normal full term baby.  The sound of her sucking the paci was even music to my ears.  She did drop her oxygen, desat, one time while holding her.  She does that sometimes when she is sucking on the paci.  I took it away from her and she slowly came back up.  Then I gave it back :).

It's time to pump so I will leave with pictures!  Thanks for checking in on us!  We still feel your prayers everyday!

Fussy, fussy! This girl can pitch a fit!

Check out that paci! It's almost bigger than her face.


The inside is small, the smallest they come.  Don't know why the outside is so big...

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth, she is just beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing her progress and the pictures. We are continuing to pray here at the Fulton house!

    ReplyDelete