Saturday, November 10, 2012

Update

Well, we have been here at Baptist for a week and a half...AND we are over two weeks post rupture--Praise the LORD above! He is good! Everyday I am monitored three times for fetal tones and TOCOs- contractions.  For the most part they say her heartbeat looks great.  I have had to stay on the monitor a couple times for longer because she had too many Acels and Dcels (her heartbeat went too low or too high).  This becomes a bigger concern when she stays there for minutes at a time.  She only stays there max 30 seconds right now.  I have been told that if it get too high and stays there it indicates infection.  If it gets too low and stays there she is likely compressing the cord.  Both would initiate a delivery.  They have also told me that there are three big reasons I would be delivered...infection, contractions, and excessive bleeding which would indicate the placenta breaking loose.  I pray daily for these three things to not happen.
I have my days when it feels like these four walls are closing in on me.  For the most part though, I have been doing great! I am so happy and blessed to be here in this facility.  I am confident in the staff here as well as appreciate their sincere compassion for me and my family.  I must say that they most reassuring part though is the faith of these workers.  They are God loving people and you can tell.  My nurse a couple nights ago saw that I was upset by the monitoring and having to stay on longer and she asked could she pray with me.  It touched my heart.  My mom was lost one afternoon and a lady from housekeeping walked her back to L and D and asked why she was here.  My mom told her and she said that she would be praying for me and would like to add me to the prayer list at church.
My mom and husband don't like for me to be alone so Rob stays with me on weekends and my mom covers nights during the middle of the week.  My sisters, Bess, Rob and Mom have all been here during days and I have spent one day by myself.  I have had lots of visitors and it was great to see them all.  More than anything we need continued prayer for God's will to be done and hopefully a healthy baby in the end.  We anticipate a lengthy NICU stay but hopefully the longer I can keep her in, the shorter her stay will be.
This is by no means how I thought having a baby would play out.  This is life however and we never know what God has in store.  I believe in his plan for our life and trust in it.
Love,
Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth, I have been thinking of you often. It is so good to see your update and progress in this pregnancy. You have written very elegantly about your ordeal (so you are go at this blog thing).
    Dylan landed in this world at 28 weeks. I am going to call you, if that is okay.
    All my love to you, Rob and your baby (I'll send some to the rest of the fam & friends too!)
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea Dylan was early. We appreciate your thoughts and we would love to hear from you! Glad you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete