Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sweet Ann Martin

This baby has my whole heart.  She is all I think about.  Today was the first day that I didn't boo hoo when Rob left and I think it was because I have her to occupy my time.  No offense honey, I still love you and miss you terribly :).

She is still doing amazingly well.  Keep the prayers coming!  She is continuing to tolerate breathing room air.  This is really a miracle, yall!  It goes to show who the ultimate physician is...God.  She is having some episodes of bradycardia- where her heartbeat drops and she stops breathing for a second.  The nurses tell me she is just forgetting to breath.  She recovers on her own and her doctor assures me that this is totally normal for her age.  It could result in putting her back on a little oxygen if she needs stimulation to recover.  I pray that she continues to recover on her own.

She is tolerating her feedings great too!  They have been able to up her feedings everyday.  She is up to 6.5ML/3 hours.  I am so proud of our little girl!  She was on donor milk until mine came in (hope that's not too much info) but now we are using mine!  We are still having to use some donor milk because I am not able to keep up with her yet.  This is a good thing in my book because she is tolerating her feedings!  Hopefully in a few days/week I will be able to keep up!

Big news--I have gotten to start kangaroo care!!!!!!  Yesterday, since her umbilical catheter came out, I got to hold her for the first time!  It was simply...amazing.  Words can't describe how it felt to hold her.  It obviously is not what I expected during this pregnancy when thinking of holding my baby for the first time.  *God laughs at our plans*  Ahh, picture below.  I got to hold her again today.  She sneezed on me a few times.  The little sound she made would melt your heart.  She sneezes like her Aunt Angie- like 3 in row, real quick. :)  She is yawning...and tonight she cried and it sounded like more of a cry than a puppy whimpering.  She had one episode of brady while I was holding her.  I patted her bottom and she recovered.

*I am not being a hog here.  Rob still has a runny nose and doesn't feel it would be best to hold her.  We are hoping he will be better later this week when he comes back.  I am dying for him to hold her.  If you think about it, say a little prayer he gets better so he can hold her.  I am so ready for him to experience it.  It really, really does make the connection so much stronger!

I'll stop here and show yall sweet Ann Martin...

She kept burying her little nose in my neck

Ahh, so sweet

Good day!

Look at her little hand under her face.  She was so snuggled! 

We were trying to show her size here

Her eye under her hand is kinda open.  She was so comfy!

4 comments:

  1. Elizabeth, I have read every word of your blog and am so very touched by the love you and Rob share for each other, your precious baby and God. Your faith is a testimony to all who read it. I am praying for you and will check on you often. Love always, Lynn bryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much to be thankful for on Ann Martin's first Thanksgiving...my prayers continue for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks better and stronger everyday

    ReplyDelete